Our 45TH Class Reunion has been set for August 31, September 1, and September 2, 2018. The Committee has been working hard to make it an enjoyable weekend filled with activities for everyone. We hope you will make plans to attend. Details for the reunion are as follows:
The COST for the weekend (both nights) will be $50.00 per Couple -or- $30.00 per Person. For those of you wanting to attend one night only, there will be a $20.00 charge. For your convenience, a REGISTRATION FORM IS INCLUDED. Please complete the form and return it to the following PRIOR TO AUGUST 5, 2018:
JANE BURDETTE Please make checks payable to: “CENTURY PLUS TRIBE”
2500 BROOKLYN DRIVE
PARKERSBURG, WV 26101
PLEASE NOTE: If you plan to play golf on Saturday morning, this price IS NOT INCLUDED in the weekend costs listed above. Fees to golf are separate and will be paid to Lonnie Long, Lee Wilson, or Jim Higgs at Worthington Golf Club on the morning of the Scramble.
FRIDAY, AUGUST 31, 2018:
6:00 pm to 11:00 pm - PICNIC AT BUZZY DILS RIVER LOT IN VIENNA
* To include Hamburgers, Hot Dogs (Sauce, Slaw, & Condiments), Baked Beans, Potato Salad, Chips, Desserts (Catered by “I Don’t Care Eatery and Spirits”), Beer, Water, and Pop. For those of you who prefer wine or alcoholic beverages, please BYOB
* We will have a DJ playing 70’s tunes and maybe throw in a little Karaoke
* Corn Hole will also be available
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 1:
1. 9:30 am - GOLF SCRAMBLE AT WORTHINGTON GOLF CLUB - Tee off time 9:30 am; Entry Fee $25.00 per person (4 man teams); 18 holes; $5.00 Mulligans. Please contact Lonnie Long, Lee Wilson, or Jim Higgs to sign up for the Scramble or with any questions you might have.
2. 10:00 am - TOUR OF PARKERSBURG HIGH SCHOOL - Free – Meet at the (former) Senior Doors
3. 6:30 pm to 9:00 pm - RIVER CRUISE ON THE ISLAND BELLE STERNWHEELER
* Board the boat between 6:30 and 7:00 pm at Point Park in Downtown Parkersburg
* Finger foods will be provided (Fruit tray, Veggie tray, Meat and Cheese tray, Crackers, Chips, etc.).
* Music will be provided by Jerry Hamilton
* BYOB - Beer and Wine IS allowed on the boat
* NOTE - ALCOHOL (LIQUOR) “IS NOT ALLOWED” on the Island Belle
4. 9:30 pm to ? - MEET UP WITH CLASSMATES AT J.P. HENRY’S - 5106 Emerson Avenue, Parkersburg
(Route 2 North) - On your own time and your own dime
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 2:
11:00 am - BRUNCH @ THE BLENNERHASSETT HOTEL - DutDutch Treat / On your own – Take a minute to
meet up, eat, and say goodbye to your friends and classmates
CLASS T-SHIRTS, BALL CAPS, AND VISORS will be sold. Prices for each are as follows:
1. T-Shirt (Red with “Indian Head & Class of 1973” on the front and “a picture of PHS and Once a Big Red, Always a Big Red” on the back):
* Sizes Small, Medium, Large, and Extra-Large - $ 15.00 each
* Sizes 2-XL and 3-XL - $ 18.00 each
2. Ball Cap (Red with white “P” on the front) - $ 20.00 each
3. Sun Visor (Red with a white “P” on the front) - $ 20.00 each
If you are interested in purchasing a t-shirt, ball cap, and/or sun visor, please send an email to either of the following: email@example.com -OR- firstname.lastname@example.org
Please make checks payable to the “CENTURY PLUS TRIBE” and send your payment to Jane Burdette, 2500 Brooklyn Drive, Parkersburg, WV 26101. Items will be available for pick up Friday evening at the picnic.
If you will not be able to attend the reunion and would like to purchase one of the items and have it mailed to you, please include your order, along with your mailing address, AND AN ADDITIONAL $6.00 to cover the cost of mailing.
PLEASE NOTE THE DEADLINE TO ORDER EACH ITEM IS AUGUST 5, 2018 AND MONEY NEEDS TO BE RECEIVED PRIOR TO YOUR ORDER BEING PLACED.
50/50 TICKETS will be sold both evenings (at the Picnic and during the Boat Ride) with drawings being held at the close of each evening. TIckets will cost $1.00 each or 6 tickets for $5.00.
Tickets for a one week “DESTINATION GET AWAY” to Surfside Beach, SC in the Spring or Fall of 2019 will be raffled off. Tickets will be $5.00 each or 6 tickets for $25.00 and will be available for purchase throughout the weekend. The drawing will be held on Sunday at Brunch at the Blennerhassett Hotel. The winner will be notified if not present at the Brunch.
# # # # # #
For your convenience, we are providing you with information on a few LOCAL HOTELS in the area:
The Blennerhassett Hotel Comfort Inn (near the Mall) Hampton Inn & Suites
320 Market Street 401 37th Street 920 Emerson Avenue
Parkersburg, WV 26101 Parkersburg, WV 26101 Parkersburg, WV 26101
Phone: 304-422-3131 Phone: 304-424-5300 Phone: 304-428-0555
Wingate by Wyndham Marriott Towne Place Suites
1502 Grand Central Avenue 415 7th Street
Vienna, WV 26105 Parkersburg, WV 26101
Phone: 304-295-5501 Phone: 304-485-4485
FYI: UBER is now available in the Parkersburg area.
Thank you so much. If you have questions or comments concerning the upcoming reunion or any of the events listed above, please do not hesitate to contact any of your Reunion Committee members. We hope to see you in August/September.
Your Reunion Committee: Jane Burdette, John Burdette, Bev Hannan Estep, Jerry Hamilton, Jim Higgs,
Marta Smith Higgs, Lonnie Long, Jon Six, Lee Wilson, Marcie Taylor Brode