Class of 1959
Youngstown State University
Former President, The Professional and
Organizational Development Network
in Higher Education (POD)
Owner-Agent, Higher Education Consulting Associates, LLC
University address: Home/business address:
BCOE 2401 3409 Swallow Hollow Dr.
Youngstown State University Poland, OH 44514
One University Plaza 330-707-2093 (h)
Youngstown, OH 44555 330-314-2445 (c)
ph: 330-941-1320; email@example.com
* Taught in public school and higher education systems and developed new courses.
* Managed/administered staff/operations/budgets in various settings.
* Produced Scholarship over 270 works including books, chapters, monographs, papers, presentations, seminars and workshops on college teaching and learning, the professoriate, faculty evaluation, student ratings of teaching, teaching improvement, faculty and organizational development, and educational technology.
* Coordinated the development of technology and distance learning systems.
* Developed and operated faculty development/evaluation programs and systems.
* Conducted large-scale evaluations of courses/projects and carried out research.
* Co-wrote/managed major funded projects.
* Organized and presented multipoint, 2-way-video teleconferences.
* Consulted to individuals/institutions/groups on evaluation faculty/instructional
development, and educational technology matters in US and internationally.
* Participated in and held elective offices in national professional organizations.
* Received awards including:
American Educational Research Association (AERA) SIG in Faculty Teaching Evaluation & Development, W. J. McKeachie Career Achievement Award, 2002; St. Anselm College, Distinguished Academic Achievement Award, 2003; AERA Relating Research to Practice: Integrative Scholarship Award, 2005; Who’s Who among America’s Teachers, 2004, 2005, 2007; Professional & Organizational Development Network in Higher Ed. (POD) Robert J. Menges Award for Outstanding Research in Educational Development, 2008; Youngstown State University Distinguished Professorship in Research, 2008; Phi Kappa Phi Honorary Society, 2009; Robert Pierlioni Spirit of POD” National Service Award, 2011; Youngstown State University Distinguished Professorship in Service, 2012.
B.A. 1963, St. Anselm College, Manchester, NH
Graduate work, 1970-1971, Boston University, Boston, MA
M.S. 1976, Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY
Ph.D. 1980, Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY
(Instructional Design, Development, & Evaluation)
dissertation subject : visual psychophysics
dissertation title : Angular versus struniform contour change as a determinant of
the detection of visual stimuli at thresh-hold.
Teacher, New Hampshire public schools
1963-1965 Weare High School
1971-1972 Salem High School
1972-1974 Manchester West High School
US Air Force (Captain, munitions)
1970-1971 Boston University
1974-1976 Syracuse University
Northeastern University, Boston, MA
1976-1982 Media Production Specialist
1982-1984 Coordinator for Research, Development, & Evaluation
1984-1990 Manager, Office of Instructional Development and Evaluation
University of Alabama at Birmingham
1990--1996 Associate Professor, Dept. of Educational Leadership, Special
Education, and Foundations; Director, Teaching and Learning Center
University of Illinois at Springfield
1996--2001 Associate Professor, Educational Administration; Director, Center for Teaching
2001--2002 Associate Professor, Liberal Studies; Director, On-Line Writing Assistance Project
Youngstown State University, Youngstown, OH
Director CATALYST (Center for the Advancement of Teaching And Learning at Youngstown
STate), Associate Professor of Education, 2002--2006; Associate Professor/Professor of
Education, 2006--2012; Emeritus Professor, 2012.
Honoring Our Heroes
This area is dedicated to our alumni that have served or are serving in our armed forces!
Lost Class Rings
Have you lost your Manchester West High School class ring? Have you found someone's class ring? Visit our Blue Knights lost class ring page to search for your class ring or post information about a found ring.