In Memory Of...
Robert Pilla '81
Mark Trush '79
Vyonne Kay Taylor '60Read more
Do you remember 1994?
- The Dallas Cowboys defeat the Buffalo Bills 30-13 in Super Bowl XXVII. It was the Bills fourth straight Super Bowl loss and the Cowboys fourth Super Bowl Championship.
- Tonya Harding is found guilty of conspiracy in the attack of figure skater Nancy Kerrigan.
- The Channel Tunnel connecting England and France is finished, allowed motorists to traverse the English Channel in 35 minutes.
- OJ Simpson flees from police in his white bronco after being charged with the murders of his ex-wife Nicole Brown and her friend Ronald Goldman.
- Major-league baseball players go on strike for eight months, canceling the post-season and the World Series.
- Tom Hanks wins Best Actor Oscar for his role in Forrest Gump.
Do you remember 1984?
- The Apple Macintosh is released and is the first commercially successful personal computer with a mouse and a graphic-user interface.
- Michael Jackson is at the peak of his popularity and wins 8 grammy awards.
- The Soviet Union boycotts the 1984 Summer Olympics being held in Los Angeles, Ca.
- President Reagan is re-elected as President of the United States with 59 percent of the vote.
- The Boston Celtics defeat the LA Lakers in the 1984 NBA Finals.
- The Cosby Show debuts on NBC and becomes the most famous TV sitcom of the 1980s.
Do you remember 1974?
- Under extreme political pressure due to the Watergate Scandal, US President Richard Nixon resigns and turns his office over to Gerald Ford.
- The UCLA Bruins record 88-game winning streak is ended when they lose to Notre Dame 71-70.
- Patricia Hearst, the granddaughter of William Randolph Heast, is abducted by the Symbionese Liberation Army.
- Becoming the first spacecraft to use a gravitational slingshot maneuver, Mariner 10 reaches Mercury.
- Stephen King publishes Carrie, the first novel under his real name.
- Muhammed Ali knocks out George Foreman to retain his heavyweight title, which was stripped from him seven years earlier.
Johnny & Ran
Visit the site for a more detailed look at what's been going on.
If this email doesn't load properly, click or paste this link into your browser:
[ ithacahigh.alumnclass.com has no association with the school or school district ]