Oct 05, 2009
NORTH COUNTRY UNION ALUMNI
ALUMNI SITE FALL NEWSLETTER
Hi Everyone! It's time for fall, football and fun. Remember those times? Well it's time to reconnect with classmates and we've made several changes to our site including new apparel, sports designs, and more!
New Profile Photos
These are among some of the new photos which have been uploaded:
Class of '85
Class of '08
Class of '76
Latest Alumni Registrants
More and more alumni are leaving popular social networking sites and joining us, read why...
1) Our Approval System - Our alumni appreciate that we take the time to visually approve all text and photos before anything is uploaded onto the site. Guaranteeing a clean site.
2) No Spam - Classmates won't be bombarded by spam from companies, fake members or weird ads.
3) Clean Site - Our alumni site is not filled with banner ads, pop ups or annoying ad games. The site is supported by alumni, which allows us to keep it clean.
4) Your Privacy - We take pride in protecting your private information and we don't have tricky terms or agreements, where you have to sign your information away just to register.
Newest items requested by alumni
Come check out the latest additions to our merchandise store, new sweat pants and women's shirts, along with many new sports designs to choose from.
Danielle Langdon and Lori Steckervetz
Jason & Samira (Handy) Lawson
Amy Batchelder/Ernst MohsRead more
New Class/Reunion Photos
Do you remember 1994?
- The Dallas Cowboys defeat the Buffalo Bills 30-13 in Super Bowl XXVII. It was the Bills fourth straight Super Bowl loss and the Cowboys fourth Super Bowl Championship.
- Tonya Harding is found guilty of conspiracy in the attack of figure skater Nancy Kerrigan.
- The Channel Tunnel connecting England and France is finished, allowed motorists to traverse the English Channel in 35 minutes.
- OJ Simpson flees from police in his white bronco after being charged with the murders of his ex-wife Nicole Brown and her friend Ronald Goldman.
- Major-league baseball players go on strike for eight months, canceling the post-season and the World Series.
- Tom Hanks wins Best Actor Oscar for his role in Forrest Gump.
Do you remember 1984?
- The Apple Macintosh is released and is the first commercially successful personal computer with a mouse and a graphic-user interface.
- Michael Jackson is at the peak of his popularity and wins 8 grammy awards.
- The Soviet Union boycotts the 1984 Summer Olympics being held in Los Angeles, Ca.
- President Reagan is re-elected as President of the United States with 59 percent of the vote.
- The Boston Celtics defeat the LA Lakers in the 1984 NBA Finals.
- The Cosby Show debuts on NBC and becomes the most famous TV sitcom of the 1980s.
Do you remember 1974?
- Under extreme political pressure due to the Watergate Scandal, US President Richard Nixon resigns and turns his office over to Gerald Ford.
- The UCLA Bruins record 88-game winning streak is ended when they lose to Notre Dame 71-70.
- Patricia Hearst, the granddaughter of William Randolph Heast, is abducted by the Symbionese Liberation Army.
- Becoming the first spacecraft to use a gravitational slingshot maneuver, Mariner 10 reaches Mercury.
- Stephen King publishes Carrie, the first novel under his real name.
- Muhammed Ali knocks out George Foreman to retain his heavyweight title, which was stripped from him seven years earlier.
Johnny & Ran
Visit the site for a more detailed look at what's been going on.
If this email doesn't load properly, click or paste this link into your browser:
[ northcountryunion.alumnclass.com has no association with the school or school district ]