Hello to class of 2009, 2004, 1999, 1994, 1989, 1984, 1979, 1974 and so on!
This is the year for those high school reunions. Some may be excited to go and interact with old friends, and others are dreading the moment. They aren’t as terrible as some might might think and here are the reasons why you should attend your class reunion:
1) Everyone is Getting Old – It’s not just you! That aging face and gray hair can make anyone feel a little self-consious of their looks, but keep in mind that so is everyone else. Those 18 year old classmates you remembered are getting old too and some have kids by now!
2) You’ve Done Thing in Life That Are Share-worthy – Even if you don’t think so! Everyone has a story to tell and you may be surprised to find that there will be people that share the same interests as you.
3) You Have Changed – During those adolescent times you may have been the awkward kid that didn’t know
how to work on your appearance. Not knowing how to apply make-up, can’t control that wild, frizzy hair. You have now emerged as something much better in college or later, and there is something satisfying with going to reunions and showing those changes.
4) Oh The Memories! – This truly is the best time to hear the stories of the past and laugh at the memories you may have forgotten. It’s good to share some laughter while you reminisce with old friends.
5) Everyone is Invited – Believe it or not, but this isn’t like Homecoming or Prom! Everyone is invited and you don’t have to bring a date. Some people might be bring their spouse, but keep in mind that it is totally OK attending alone. There will be a lot of others that will be too.
6) Curiosity – Go because you are curious. Everyone is curious about where some people ended up in life. It’s interesting to see what path people took and where they ended up. Some outcomes can be very surprising.
7) Reconnecting – Now you may roll your eyes at this one since everyone seems to say this. It’s really a good reason to go. People may say “Well why should I go if I’m friends with them on Facebook?.” Reason is simple, you can’t get the same interaction with them like you can in person. Plus some people don’t have any social networking accounts. Reconnecting is also a good way to pick up where old friends left of all those years ago.
8) Most People are Nice – Now that’s not to say there won’t be some total jerks there but overall people have become pretty nice or still are. Your former classmates won’t try to alienate you, in-fact they will be more curious about what you’ve been up to these past few years.
9) Party Down! – You are an adult now with obligations. You have things like kids, and your career that occupy most of your time with very little free time to let loose and have some fun every now and then. Your reunion is a good reason to mingle and dance the night away to those songs that you remembered from back in the day
10) Just Go! – Nothing is really stopping you from going but you. Take the risk and move forward. You’ll have more fun than you think!